Festival extensions and utilities, focused on interaction with Speech Dispatcher
|Maintainer:||Milan Zamazal <email@example.com>|
|Latest version:||0.10 (download festival-freebsoft-utils-0.10.tar.gz)|
festival-freebsoft-utils is a collection of Festival utilities that enhance Festival with some useful features. They provide all what is needed for interaction with Speech Dispatcher.
Key festival-freebsoft-utils features are:
- Generalized concept of input events. festival-freebsoft-utils allows not only plain text synthesis, but also combining it with sounds. Additionally, mechanism of logical events mapped to other events is provided.
- Substitution of events for given words.
- High-level voice selection mechanism and setting of basic prosodic parameters.
- Spelling mode.
- Capital letter signalization.
- Punctuation modes, for explicit reading or not reading punctuation characters.
- Incremental synthesis of texts and events.
- Speech Dispatcher support.
- Rudimentary SSML support.
- Enhancing the Festival extension language with some functions commonly used in Lisp. Support for wrapping already defined Festival functions by your own code.
- Everything is written in the extension language, no patching of the Festival C++ sources is needed.
The source code is managed using Git. You can use the Git web interface or clone the repository from:
Documentation is available as a part of the project and is distributed together with the source code. You can browse the HTML version on-line.